Shop Trend: Cork Leather

I'm always looking for new and unique materials for jewelry. Being an Etsy seller, I am encouraged to buy supplies from other shop owners (supporting other small businesses). It's my little way of giving back to the community I suppose.
In any case, a few months back I discovered an alternative to leather (I love the look of leather bracelets) in the form of cork from Portugal.
I ordered a sample and tried it out and loved it. It was lightweight, durable, and I loved the colors.

Cork shipment
I made my mom a bracelet too and she loved it!
Mother's Day Cork Bracelet


I ordered it in various colors and sizes. My favorite is the natural color cork with bits of silver or gold!

Silver-fleck cork 

Trying out cork leather: Sample Bracelets

I was absolutely hooked on making bracelets. 

So what IS this cork leather? It's sourced from the bark of the cork oak tree, notably from Portugal. As a fabric, it's known to be highly durable, waterproof and stain-resistant. The cork industry as a whole is generally known to be environmentally friendly and it considered vegan. 
It's a product you can feel good about wearing not just because it's comfortable, but because it's sustainably sourced!

Needless to say, I have since been hard at work creating a collection of pieces using this fabulous material. I have been slowly adding them to the shop store. You'll definitely see a lot more soon.

#SneakPeak




No comments