Where The Magic Happens



This week I had a few things I wanted to share since I've been slacking on my posts due to other duties. In this post, I wanted to share my studio/creative sanctuary. 

I'm not sure where most people imagine I make my jewelry. 
On the couch? 
At the kitchen table? 
Outside? 
Actually, I've done all of that!  But, I am fortunate enough to have a dedicated space in my home. It used to be downstairs in my house, but then I opted for the larger space in the room above the garage earlier this year after returning home from working abroad. 
One of my favorite things about it was this little window nook that existed in the room. I loved the way the light poured in over the area from the window. My second favorite thing was that it's very quiet and peaceful. 

I had some ideas for how I wanted it to look and feel. Cozy, relaxing, inspiring were all works that came to mind. Slowly over the last few months, I've collected all of the pieces to put the room together. Nothing super fancy or expensive. This is actually an ongoing process as I expand storage and try out different organization methods and add new tools for newly learned techniques. 

But here is where the magic happens!


This is the main work area. Off to the left is another little built-in nook that I use for storage. I went with plain white tables. I wanted a bright workspace and having the white tabletops really helped accomplish that. 
Moving further to the right of the room, this area at first was a workbench area. But I changed the position of the table and added a desk. This is one location where "business" stuff happens. 

And finally, I have another storage/overflow area. I thought about replacing those bead cases with white ones to brighten up that corner but it wasn't something that I absolutely needed to do immediately so it's on the studio bucket list I suppose. I may even just paint these ones.

The rest of the room is filled with a sectional couch that is super cozy. It's hard to do anything on it without falling asleep. Great place to recharge after a crafting spree.

So that's it! This is where the magic happens. I craft each piece of jewelry here, photograph it and package it up and all that good stuff. Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear from you. 

1 comment